Watch the Video (or Keep Reading Below)
This video shows you how to migrate your WordPress site to Strattic in 5 easy steps.
- Log in to the site you want to migrate to Strattic. Go to Plugins > Add New and search for the Migrate Guru plugin and then click the “Install Now” button.
2. Then, click Activate.
3. Go to the Migrate Guru settings
4. Fill out your email address and click “Migrate Site”
5. On the next screen, select "FTP"
6. On the next screen, you'll see a list of FTP Details that are requested.
The first field is for the Destination Site URL
For the Destination Site URL, log in to the Strattic Dashboard and click "Go to WordPress Dashboard" (this spins up your site's container)
Depending on your browser, after the container spins up, you may see a HTTP Auth prompt to sign in
These credentials can be found in your Strattic Dashboard, by clicking on your site's name and going to Connection Info > HTTP (Basic Auth) Credentials.
After you get past the HTTP Auth screen, copy the root of the WordPress staging URL (without the /wp-admin/install.php)👇
Note: You DO NOT need to complete the famous 5 minute WordPress installation.
7. For FTP Type, select SFTP
8. Next is the SFTP Details:
To get your site's SFTP details, go to the Strattic Dashboard, click on your site's name and grab the SFTP details from the Connection Info tab.
9. For the Directory Path, use /public_html/
10. Next is the Destination Website Password Protected:
For the Destination Website Password Protected, go to your Strattic Dashboard, click on your site's name, and go to Connection Info > HTTP (Basic Auth) Credentials.
11. Click "Submit" in MigrateGuru.
12. MigrateGuru will then show you the progress of your migration and send you an email you once it's finished.
13. To see your migrated site, log into Strattic and click on the "Go to WordPress Dashboard" button.
14. To publish your site on Strattic and convert your WordPress site to a static version of itself, check out our tutorial on publishing your site.
Great job! You did it!
If you have any trouble or would like help with migrations, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org